Home Ranch is a 1000 foot siding at milepost 457.3 on the Silverton Branch added by the Durango & Silverton in 1982 to accomodate the increase in trains and provide an additional spot for meets. (The Pinkerton, CO siding was also added at the same time and for the same reason.)
Prior to the modern siding, Osterwald notes in "Cinders & Smoke" that there was a spur called Home Ranch at milepost 457.9 at some point in the distant past. It apparently was used as a livestock loading spur. Construction and abandonment dates unknown.