Kubler Branch Facts
From: Castleton, CO
To: Kubler Mine, CO
To D&RG: 1911
The Kubler Branch was built by the C&S in 1911 and operated by the D&RG/D&RGW until some time in 1944. It connected from the Baldwin Branch at Castleton to the Kubler Mine, about 3.2 miles away. The first 1.7 miles of the line, up to just past Cooper Siding, were the original DSP&P route to the first Baldwin Mine, but were abandoned following the closure of the mine (and the opening of the new mine and track) in 1909. The end of the track was extended a further 1.5 miles from Cooper in preparation for the opening of the Kubler Mine in 1911.
Due to the closure of the mine, the branch was abandoned sometime around 1944.
Kubler Branch Timetable
|Kubler Mine, CO|| || |
|Cooper Siding|| || |
|Castleton, CO||WY||Connection to Baldwin Branch|
DSP&P mp 216.5
|1911-1932||Unknown Timetable History|
|1932-???||D&RGW Alamosa Division Timetables, Subdivision 13-F|
|1942-1944||D&RGW Alamosa Division Timetables, Subdivision 13-D|